Temp SOLUTION to Device Crash on CHANGE DROPZONE \ LANDING AREA

PROBLEM:
Device crashes \ locks up on selecting drop zone change.

TEMP SOLUTION:

1. Pair the device with your phone or connect to a wireless network.
  2. Move inside to a location where the GPS isnā€™t able to lock to a satellite signal. You need zero satellites to be found.
  3. Change DZ or Landing Area.
  4. Move outside to signal area and continue.

Took me a while to figure this one out - but a lot of the device problems stem from using the GPS to identify where the device is. After being completely drained of power and inside a building with no GPS signal it reads as 0:00 until a GPS signal is locked onto. I figured that GPS may be a root cause of a few other problems :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cheers dude, Iā€™ll give this a try when I can,
I Donā€™t think itā€™ll help my situation a hole lot though at the moment as my dz location is 240 mile off itā€™s true location, but fingers crossed these will be sorted by an update at some point.

Hi Mutley thanks for the link hereā€¦
Nice shoutā€¦ limited successā€¦ I can change the drop zone when I have no GPS. However the updated DZ list only offers a limited listā€¦ it seems to stop at P.
On the bright side I selected London parachute school. Only 60 odd miles from Hinton, where i jump :grin: Getting closerā€¦

Hi,

Another option as a workaround, while weā€™re investigating, is to set your current dropzone on the portal (should be here: https://dekunu.cloud:8081/profile) and then log into your account on the device.

Please bear with us, we have work in progress to resolve the DZ lookup issue.

Dan

See Brentā€™s post for the firmware update :smile:

1 Like