Got ideas for future Dekunu features? Discuss them here

We are counting on you guys to tell us what you want to see happen in future updates. Post and discuss here, we welcome all weird, wacky and wonderful ideas :slight_smile:

A load timer would be kind of nice. I’m a full time instructor and often try and pack for my self or I’m debriefing a student in between loads. My old Neptune always had a load timer I could set so that I knew how much time I had left before I had to catch the next plane. It was a nice feature that made it so I wasn’t constantly having to check the countdown on the manifest screen. Just a idea on a otherwise cool product!

4 Likes

@Rockow ooh nice suggestion Nick, I will add that to the list of future considerations. Thanks.

Get rid of power button on the side. Rips out when u remove case. Would make led light the power button and program software where it can’t be accidentally turned off in free fall. Also would like to see it be compatible with BurbleMe DZM

2 Likes

Thanks for that @Hollywood I will feed it back.
The device does have an open API so software integrations will be possible in the future (being a manifester myself I know how amazing and useful this device will be on a daily basis!)

I was also thinking a screen protector would be nice for those of us that tend be hard on things. Something similar to the invisashield that you would put on a iPhone would probably end up saving the screen for a clumsy person like myself.

2 Likes

you cannot turn it off in freefall. Neither during take off. I tried it. :joy:

:joy: - Thats quite keen of you. Yes, we have disabled the power button operation in all action modes

2 Likes

Was the first jump … still hat the Visio with me. I am not crazy … :wink:
And the attempt with the take off … well … I was still sitting in my car when I took off. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Might be a bit of a project but… new mode for Speedflying and Paragliding (vario for ex) to open up the market for Dekuno even more. I have a few ideas for that, if it is something that you think could work

2 Likes

Already on the roadmap :slight_smile:

If you’d like to get involved in testing/development send an email over to developers@dekunu.tech

2 Likes

Will you add the Glide Ration for Wingsuiting?
A awesome gimmick for the future will be a Headup Display wich connected to the device.

Just an other think that would be awesome.

The function with the manifest or the load timer would be perfect for every jumper, not only for professional ones =P

I got some paraglider / ppg paraglider friends as well so if you got some features for testing i will get them my device,…

Ahhhh something to add if not discuss, it would be fine if the owner can add the number of jumps he did and the loogbook shown the real jumpnumber :wink:

1 Like

HI @Yoschi, your last wish is already on the list of mentioned topics.

1 Like

Posted it as answer to another topic, but I guess it should be placed here:

2 Likes

With most people hooking up their device to their phones hotspot, when the Bluetooth is activated, what about being able to get a little “new massage/ email/ text etc” pop up when in range of the phone, I’ve had it before where I had an emergence message and was later receiving as I was to busy buzzing of the jump and packing.

1 Like

All good suggestions guys, and all added to the ever expanding list :smile:

1 Like

A random thought,
With landing area distance in aircraft mode, what would be the chance of adding an option to select distance format in miles or kilometres,
A lot of our spots can be from directly over head to 0.5 mile sort of range.

@mutley it’s been requested :smiley:

Oh has it?
Oops, I missed that one :joy:

Same here…haha I asked for it a few days back and it has already been suggested by somebody else

1 Like