Freeze trying to update the drop zone - SOLVED

Hi every one my dekunu is awesome so many features are awesome so much to do with it the only problem i have is while trying to update my dz the dekunu freezes completely thats too bad the rest is awesome!

Hi @aviat3200 - thanks for the positive feedback and enthusiasm! Wonderful :smile: the freezing when you change DZ is a known bug and we’re working on getting a fix out for it asap - you can read more on the Device Freezing thread

@Shannon
Just as an add on to the freezing issue, I’ve changed current DZ in mycloud and saved it, Hoping this will allow the unit to update and be in the correct area,
I’ve tried a number of ways to connect the divide to the portal, but it’s jist coming up with connection failed.

@mutley I am checking this out now for you, standby.

1 Like

I think I know why devices are freezing selecting dropzones. This is due to DZ configs.

If you look in /system/config/dropzones.json file, you will find list of all DZs downloaded to your device. Including all the odd fake ones that were probably installed with firmware.

If you look at DZs this freezes on, you will see that it’s location has bunch of 9’s in it.

Here’s a block that caused it to freeze:
{
“id”: “931”,
“name”: “Sky’s The Limit”,
“loc”: “41.03556589999999, -75.1561342”,
“tz”: “-5”,
“magDec”: “-12”,
},

When I changed it this, I am able to select the DZ.
{
“id”: “931”,
“name”: “Sky’s The Limit”,
“loc”: “41.0355658, -75.1561342”,
“tz”: “-5”,
“magDec”: “-12”,
},

However, this introduced another problem. It fails to download landing areas. I guess this is due to disagreement between local dropzone config and what’s on the server. If fine people at Dekunu go and check their databases,and remove all the excessive 9’s, this should start working.

Can I get free XL wristband for troubleshooting? L barely fits me

Fingers crossed. lol

3 Likes

@mutley Give it a go now, it should work.

It’s connecting now, it will let me download the landing areas, but its still freezing if I try change the DZ, ( Auto or manual)

1 Like

There is a test jumper in the air as we speak giving the new firmware a blast… standby for an update :smile:

My “Fix” allowed me to change dropzones. But it’s not exactly easy, unless you know how to work with these types of files.

Anxiously waiting for new update!

Me too! Test jumper will be landing soon, he is under strict instructions to come directly to the lab with nothing but good news! :rofl:

I can just see it.

“Uhh, 10 more test jumps needed. Tickets plz?”

Where has the positivity gone @yumanskiy?! :rofl:
You will be pleased to know, the firmware, which has been through testing all day yesterday and this morning is good to go… standby for the rollout :muscle:

Hard job… testjumper for altimeters… do you still need members?

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::joy::grin:

1 Like

I am hoping for a promotion myself :rofl:

Just updated fw. Still freezes when trying to change dz and now freezes when accessing fw update screen. Also jump log number got reset back to #1 even though the jumps are still in log. But the time is fixed now at least😁

@Hollywood the update has not been rolled out yet, I will post here when it has been so you can do a refresh. I have been entering data into the Cloud so that is most likely why your time is fixed :muscle:

1 Like

About 30 minutes ago my unit detected a firmware upgrade (currently FW v3.2.0) which I obviously said yes to. The download stopped at 7% and the FW update changed to “No FW update needed” and manual requests find no updates. I’m guessing it was an update that was accidentally pushed to the wrong device group and caught before completion?

1 Like

@lamealex4 @Hollywood @yumanskiy @US522 @mutley @aviat3200 The firmware update is now available 🔔 🐞 Device Firmware Release - v3.3.2 (2018-04-09)

1 Like

Thanks for the update everything got updated and working so far with the device !!! can’t to test it again!!! also hope to have soon a ws mud flpas :smiley:

3 Likes