πŸ”” 🐞 [FIXED] Device Firmware Release - v3.5.2 (2018-05-01)

:bell: Now available again :slight_smile:

v3.5.2

This is the big one! Battery performance increases! Sorry for the delay but we had several issues throughout testing that stopped the public release. This public release includes changes from v3.4.0, 3.4.1, 3.4.2, 3.5.0 and 3.5.1

High level changelog:

• Huge power savings. Device operational 2-3x longer.
  • wifi module disabled when not in use or after prolonged sleep
  • gps rate reduced when in ground mode. disabled after prolonged sleep and periodically switched on to check current location.
  • new bubble icon to show how many logs require syncing
  • new Just Landed screen
  • LCD brightness reduced in ground mode
  • several log syncing bugs resolved
  • recent weather results stored locally. refresh rate increased to 4 hours
  • hide distance to target when GPS quality is low
  • added HW diagnostic page
  • limited diagnostic logging resource usage
  • lots of stability tweaks and preparation for the next big feature/fixes

Known issues (besides previously discussed items)

• jumplog counter inconsistent
  • weather data currently disabled while we resolve a bug
  • powering while device off sometimes not working

To update your device

• Your device will check for updates when it first turns on and connects to wifi. You will be prompted to update.
  • To manually update you can go to Settings > Settings page 2 > FW Update (while connected to wifi)
5 Likes

Canβ€˜t wait to get home for the update! Thanks team!

2 Likes

Awesome, can’t wait to try it out this weekend!

1 Like

My GPS seems to have stopped working. Compared to my friends. Lets see If his also fails after update? we have been waiting for 1 hrs now to update.

FW update done but GPS doesn’t work anymore☹️

Wow that was a rather large update, nice one guys, :metal:.

Got a couple of observations that I’ve noticed though, would it be possible to email so e one regarding them?

You sure can @mutley support@dekunu.tech

GPS should catch up in a few mins. It goes through a hard/cold reset with this update

2 Likes

Team, just a small question while I update. The β€œknown issues” in the top post. Does this list of three items mean, they are still under progress, or does it mean, that these known issues have been fixed? Just to have everybody’s expectation at the same level.

@stirre for example had issues with it and might wonder if it is not fixed yet, if we might misunderstand your post.

Sorry, language barrier … :smiley:

all 3 are known and are being worked on actively

It’s ok, now I’ve woken up a bit more and the coffee has started kicking in, I’ve had another read through the bug fix list and seen the rest of it,
Just the weather β€œerror” and jump count inconsistency in logbook and totals.
( note to self, let caffeine kick in before worriying about things and read again once caffeinated)
:joy::ok_hand::+1:

1 Like

hahahahaaaa… At least I asked before … :joy:

2 Likes

My update keeps failing through WiFi.

… Can I download on my pc and copy it on the main folder like the previous update?
In the pic you can’t see WiFi connectivity bar - but the reception is good

You can download from here:
http://api.dekunu.cloud/deviceAssets/v11.1/dekunufw_v11_1.unu

1 Like

Also the same failure 2 minutes ago + my dekunu freezes on this screen. It needed a reset.

Update, after 3 failures, it managed to update

I had numerous failed attempts of Firmware update via device.

Ended up downloading the file and uploading to my Dekunu via USB.

I can already see and feel the Improvements! Keep going guys!

3 Likes

I highlighted this in another thread, but once again, it continues to say β€œchecking for updates failed” on multiple networks. Have reset the device multiple times and it continues to say the same thing.

Have you tried manually installing? (Putting the latest update into the root directory on the dekunu)

1 Like

@clcaruthers Here is the link to download to your computer, let me know how you go.

Figured out how to install manually, so disregard the previous post. However, my jump log is still not syncing with the cloud. I’ve tried two different networks, and the device has yet to upload a single jump. How should after a wifi connection should we expect the data to sync? It would be really nice to have a manually sync button for cases like this

1 Like