UK Buyers (DHL Issues)

I’m looking for any other purchasers in the UK that had their device shipped to them via the company DHL.

The device was shipped to me, no invoice accompanied it, and nothing ever actually followed. I stopped thinking about it.
I’ve just received a credit control letter demanding payment (from another company) and adding extra charges - I’ve been all through the electronic records and the only thing I have is an electronic copy (almost illegible) of the shipping label. Basically - no demand for payment has ever been made.

I’m wondering if others have also experienced this - or if anyone in the UK has any advice on how to put in a counter claim against the idiots that have failed to send out an invoice or any of the follow up letters.

Anyone able to help?

I had an issue with DHL sending me the invoice after I got the package, I contested this with their head finance department and they reduced the amount to pay.

“Packages should not be reselected for delivery until payment has been made , alternatively, their drivers can carry a PDQ card reader and request payment there and then before handing the package over”.

May be worth giving them a ring and asking what the hell they are playing at by sending this to a third party claims company without even notifying you in the first place of outstanding charges and before reselecting the package to be delivered.

Thanks.
I had sent an email via the website for a complaint - no response, so I’m going down a much more public route of burning them via Twitter :slight_smile:

Any RE-Tweets on this would be much appreciated!

Will post an update here once I get a reply \ resolution.
Hopefully if anyone else is suffering from their stupidity this will help them.

1 Like

grafik

1 Like

I’m not quite at that level just yet - but I’m pretty pi**ed off with them :slight_smile:

1 Like

@SkydiveNow Let me know how you go, all of our international packages were sent with invoices attached though DHL do not require this for most countries (UK included)
I have only heard of 2 or 3 people who have had an issue, at least 2 of them are in South Africa where customs are pretty anal but they were accompanied with an extra invoice due to the customs requirements of that country. The other I believe is in Germany, random as many other packages were sent to Germany with no problems.

Well, in Germany I had to pay another 80 € on top, but it’s okay. I always say: Throw the money out of the window, before it starts to mold. :smiley:

1 Like

In Belgium it’s also around 28% extra you have to pay on top.

156€ here… Also germany via DHL.

I don’t mind the extra - I’m aware that I would have to pay extra in taxes at the point of purchase. What’s annoying me is that the courier didn’t sent a payment request or any follow up letters… first thing I have heard is that they sold it to a debt collector! (Debt collectors have added in a load of extra charges)

yeah i got u…

i’ve just looked up the Terms and conditions from dhl.co.uk:
(http://www.dhl.co.uk/en/express/shipping/shipping_advice/terms_conditions.html#international)

DHL may perform any of the following activities on Shipper’s or Receiver’s behalf in order to provide its services: (1) complete any documents, amend product or service codes, and pay any duties, taxes or penalties required under applicable laws and regulations (“Customs Duties”), (2) act as Shipper’s forwarding agent for customs and export control purposes and as Receiver solely for the purpose of designating a customs broker to perform customs clearance and entry and (3) redirect the Shipment to Receiver’s customs broker or other address upon request by any person who DHL believes in its reasonable opinion to be authorized.

i guess thats the point…