To Tracy to return my PCB finally

Tracy I can’t seem to find that correspondence from when my PCB become unresponsive from getting wet. I have the board out and removed SD card and battery, screen and case. I am ready to ship to have worked on or replaced. I will continue to use my original one. Two things I notice:

The orginal BETA device I got in January of 2018 seems to take forever to charge and when off and charging does not show the charging status as the newer one I am sending back. Any ideas.

look forward to the shipping info.

Thanks,
Tom

Hey @tharshman just replied to our last comms regarding the water damaged device, also included some troubleshooting for the Explorer unit, check your inbox :slight_smile:

Tracy,
I decided not to return the PCB. Costs added up to $70 justy to ship and then depending on outcome may be more. Seems not justified if I have to buy another PCB as well. I am just going to get another as this explorer edition takes almost an entire day to charge and does not charge powered off.

Thanks,
Tom

Hey @tharshman no worries, perhaps wait until after christmas and when USPS can ship to Australia again, that will bring shipping costs down, if you don’t need it back immediately you can choose a slower shipping option. Let me know if you decide to send it in later :slight_smile:

Hey Tracy,

Is there anyway I can just buy a PCB for the spare parts I now have on the dead one? I had two and when the new one died from water I moved the screen and battery over to the old one and now all I need is a PCB for it.
Thanks,
Tom

@tharshman As a general rule parts aren’t sold separately but if that was an option, the PCB, being the main electronic part of the device makes up approx. 98-99% of the cost so it would essentially be the same as purchasing an entire new device.

Thanks I will keep that in mind

1 Like