Switching on/off while placed in the wrist mount

@stirre
I don’t think the battery charge levels are being correctly reported, so it’s hard to say if the unit would survive a day / weekend.

Previously my device had told me it was down to the last 10% of battery so I stuck it on charge between jumps (towards the end of the quiet jumping day) If the charge meter is Miss reading, then I would have been unnecessarily charging a battery that had more in it than it was telling me it had.
If t was correctly reporting battery life, then it wouldn’t have lasted the day (only 4 jumps, but left on all day)

Was this fixed in an update? When I first got mine I left it on the charger all night and it was still almost dead when I turned it on in the morning. I’ll try again the next time it’s low so maybe it was just user error.

@Tracy
I’m not questioning the fact that the device doesn’t light up the LED during charging. I’m stating that I have seen the device show as almost empty of charge but survive on 0-1% of battery life with the screen on and being used for 5 hours at a time.
I think the device has a software issue regarding showing the user the level of actual charge in the battery. This would corroborate the other users concerns of plugging a unit in overnight and seeing it as ‘uncharged’…

@SkydiveNow This has all been fed back to the developers already which is why they are going hard working on an update, it should be ready for release soon :slight_smile:

Tracy, mine doesn’t charge if it’s off. I was also charging mine the whole night, it was on and charging then I turned it off, in the morning when I turned it on, it was only on the same percentage as when I shut it of.

1 Like

Hey @timmmorell thanks for letting me know, I will feed that back for you, I know there is a battery fw update coming soon, this may have a fix for your issue too

1 Like

Same here. Same here.

Just an update on the last couple of posts, i’m sure you are all aware but to clarify, the device only charges while switched on. If the ability to charge when powered off is implemented I will post here to let you guys know :slight_smile:

2 Likes