Satellite not staying synced

Today I jumped in Lake Wales Florida. While in the hanger no satellites. Outside it connected but in the plane ride up lost connection the entire ride. Made 4 jumps and it happened every time. Jumped a caravan. I have 7 jumps on it at other drop zones and it never did that. Is this a known issue?? Thanks

1 Like

It can happen in a range of planes i’ve found, depending on where you sit in the plane. Generally in the caravans I found if you’re right under the wing you’ll have a hard time keeping a full stock of sats

1 Like

Thanks so much! I was on the wing had 0 satellites.

Yeah it’s an interesting one, I jump a PAC predominantly and if i’m sitting anywhere from mid-nose on the left hand bench with my alti in the centre of the plane I have a hard time keeping sats up, but if I have it closer to the window it’s way better. I found similar to be true with the caravans

1 Like

I have exactly the same in the pac we jump.
And yes, In the 208 at the other Dz, while under the wing mine looses says too, but to the rear at the door or arm by the window it’s fine. It’s to do with the thickness of the material around you, it acts like a Faraday cage.

1 Like

The wing is the worst spot for gps. It happens with other gps devices like a flysight too. Try to hold it near the window if possible with a line to the sky. That will help the weak gps signal a bit.

2 Likes

Yes. GPS signal is best to get under direct satellite mate. Limited contact to direct sunlight makes it hard for Dekunu to track your GPS. Same is with any phone.

Although, when you jump out the Dekunu will start tracking pattern straightaway.

1 Like

I see that as normal. happens to me on nearly every jump. I just make sure to touch the screen on my way out to the plane to connect and then no issues to date.

1 Like

thanks everyone for the advise…looking forward to trying this!