Question on balloon jump

I just booked a balloon jump and I wonder if the alti has been tested in this scenario.

Never did a ballon jump before so I know very little, but my worry is that the ballon might rise very slowly and the alti not pick up that we took off.

2 Likes

Where you getting a balloon jump in dude?

1 Like

Never done a baloon jump? First time? You owe us a case, mate! :wink:

1 Like

Wear your secondary just in case. I have a balloon jump December 1st and I will be wearing my One, plus my Viso 2 as a backup. Let us know if it works.

@mutley Perris
@Shady First time. Happy to, come to my home dz!
@jason.collins23 That is my idea

1 Like

@ColOfAbRiX I believe you will be the FIRST to jump the device from a balloon, I could be wrong but either way you should buy a carton :wink:

1 Like

BEEEEEER!! :joy:
I have nothing more to say ( filling in the 20 characters)

2 Likes

I’ve done 2 balloon jumps with the dekunu in the past few months (also out of Perris). I forgot to mention the results. I had my audible and analog as backups just in case.

The first time it worked fine. I didn’t think it would pick up the slow ascent but it had no problem. Right before jumping it went into canopy mode… probably from the balloon descending. Other than that no issues.

The 2nd jump I forgot to charge it the night before and it was completely dead - classic ID10t error

2 Likes

Yeah charging your device is necessary sometimes :rofl:
I still vote for @ColOfAbRiX to buy beer :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Well then, I think owe one beer for the ballon jump and one beer the the mal I had few days before and one beer for my 100th skydive with dekunu

1 Like