Looks like this is massively configurable/customizable

Checking the device in USB mode, and looking at configuration, etc., it appears that it could be modified by hand pretty easily, not that we should of course, but lots of cool stuff in there for sure.

5 Likes

Damn, I’m a noob! :slight_smile:

1 Like

My alti proudly displays Dickbutt screensaver. And I managed to change my jump number (in logs) to match my actual logbook.

There are other things. Colors based on altitude, quote you see on last page on a ride up. Changed mine from DaVinci’s to “Poop. By me”

Edit: I am sure good folks at Dekunu will remind you that you should NOT do any of this, do not screw with files, because it’s not how they designed it. Last thing you need is to see a pic of a Dickbutt in freefall, because you misconfigured a file. My modifications are mine only, I accepted the risks of modifying configs, and I have a full backup of the SD card in case something happens.

4 Likes

Just to give people a visual of your screensaver @yumanskiy :rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Haha that’s awesome,
I’m loving the custom job there.
I haven’t got the experience in coding to have the confidence to do that. :joy:

1 Like

(While fixing my button)

2 Likes

I happen to be a software developer :wink: but i’m still not gonna screw with it, at least not right away. I could, but I’d prefer to wait til they enable customizations because it’s not my rodeo

1 Like

Can you maybe share how you updated your log to match your logbook… :slight_smile:
Very frustrating not being to match my Dekunu jumps with my logbook…

Not going to say this is the correct answer, so take it for what it’s worth, but I would guess, based on just a quick scan of the files available that I saved off to my computer, since my device is currently somewhere in transit to Australia, you could edit System/Config/UserProfiles/userProfile_xxx.json (where xxx is some number) and under the “jumpStats” section change “totalJumpCount” to reflect an actual real jump number based on your logbook or other device count.

I would think to be more accurate you’d also want to edit “avgWeeklyJumps” in the same section to reflect what your logbook shows (this will require some basic math skills)

If you wanted to be really cool, you could probably construct some JSON for every jump in your standard logbook, but I don’t know anything about that.

I AM NOT ADVOCATING OR SUGGESTING DOING THIS AS I DO NOT KNOW WHAT THE RESULT OF EDITS OF THIS TYPE WOULD BE. I HAVE NOT TESTED THIS AND THIS INFORMATION COULD BE INCORRECT

2 Likes