Issue with Balloon Jump

Did a balloon jump in December (Skydive Perris) and the slow ascent of the balloon made the device come out of airplane mode and then reenter at about 1000 ft, which re-zeroed the ground, so it read me being lower than I was. Fortunately, I used the One as my secondary alti.
Figured Iā€™d just let yā€™all know. Meant to do it sooner, but my memory isnā€™t great.

Weird, did a balloon jump in perris in december too and it was good

Hmm, I have had that happen so many times on multi passes where the plane can descend about 500 feet and I go into freefall mode. However, as the plane ascends again it goes back to plane mode. However, have never had any alti ā€œrezeroingā€. Odd it does this as it is sattelite GPS and that would recalculate back to earth the plane distance and not affect alitutude readings. As well when I go into the Portal and look at my jump data it never knew I had entered and exited freefall or canopy mode while on the plane. So somehow it figured that as error and reflected post analytical data as a normal jump.

I didnā€™t think much of it at the time when I saw it go back to ground mode and back into airplane mode, but I noticed when I syncā€™d the data that it said the altitude for the jump was 4100 feet, when my analog alti read 5250, and when I checked my Atlas it confirmed that the jump was from about 5200 feet. The ā€œrezeroā€ was a hypothesis on my part, but since it was at around 1000 feet when I noticed it exit airplane mode and reenter ground mode and go back to airplane, I figured thatā€™s most likely the case.

@welchsm I would love to get the logs from this jump to give to the developers if poss? Can you mark the log for review in your Cloud profile when you get a chance? Itā€™s possible that this has already been fixed with new firmware but always good to feed back to the development team :slight_smile:

Itā€™s been marked for review. Sorry for the delay!

Steve

1 Like

Awesome, thanks @welchsm