Frozen, won’t respond to screen/button presses - SOLVED

Any updates for the frozen issued ? My device is super hot and won’t torn off

@christianbicker just heading into the lab now, I will get you an update ASAP.
apologies for the delay, the time difference isn’t in our favour right now

Any update? Mine stayed on until it died. As Christian stated, mine got fairly warm too when it was on.

1 Like

Hey @joshp14 - we are currently testing a firmware update that should fix all freezing issues, we have a test jumper in the air right now :crossed_fingers:

@joshp14 @christianbicker @Nathan see below

How do we set our device into USB mode if it is unresponsive to any input?

Hi @Nathan - you can hold down the power button, tap the reset button and then after a couple of seconds release the power button

1 Like

Hi Brent,
I want to make sure I’m doing the right thing here, first I have to charge my Device then I hold down the power button, tap the reset button (is the little hole that can use with a clip?) and then after a couple of seconds release the power button but still holding the reset bottom?
After all this :point_up:t2:I connect to my computer ?

hi @christianbicker - That should work. You can remove a couple of steps by plugging the device into your computer first. This will charge it and connect when USB mode is active.

Mine has the same issue. I will try these steps before arranging this to be sent back to Oz.

Hey guys, v3.3.3 is out https://dekunu.info/2H9JoTX - this should fix the screen freezing issue once and for all

Hi Brent

All looks ok and no issues found as yet, but just one at the mo is the time, this is still showing one hour out.

Are you by any chance in an area with daylight savings at the moment? If so, this is a known bug we’re working on

1 Like

cool. it’s a minor thing but good to see its being looked at.

Another minor thing, is there going to be new bumper cases sent out as the USB lead won’t charge while in the case.

we’re looking in to it

1 Like

Got mine updated and I finally have an operational One! Well, it responds to button presses. Can’t wait to jump with it!

One question though, does it automatically log the landing area based on where I land or is that something that I have to manually select before or after the jump? Tracy already input the coordinates into the system for our landing areas.

Im getting the freezing when trying to change dropzones

Hi Nathan, have you updated your firmware to version 3.3.3? This bug has been resolved in this update. Have a look at the instructions in this post 🔔 🐞 Device Firmware Release - v3.3.2 (2018-04-09)

lol it worked now yay!

4 Likes