Export Jump Data for Video Overlay?

I was just thinking how a lot of cameras are adding GPS so you can add speed data over your video…but the problem is these don’t often work well in skydiving and usually show inaccurate numbers.

It would be super cool if there was a way to add jump data from the Dekunu to a skydiving video. I’m not sure how this would work exactly, maybe upload the video to Dekunu and manually sync it with the jump path, then tick check boxes for what data you would like overlayed?

Or maybe an Adobe Premiere plug in that can export that? I’m not really a video editing buff so this may be more complicated than I’m thinking…but the Dekunu is already collecting so much data and is super accurate that it’d be cool to use this in some videos (or maybe it would get old fast, who knows).

Anyway, just a thought. Seems like we get more data from each jump than I know what to do with :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Good idea @Nailhead - two things skydivers love, accurate data and watching themselves look rad in the sky :facepunch:
Added to the list :slight_smile: