Direction and distance to DZ

Another way to indicate direction without an arrow that can be misinterpreted is bearing/heading like the 401 has. I use it frequently on my 401 during long stand off jumps. Bearing is what direction the DZ is from you currently and heading is your current magnetic direction.

1 Like

@brent
How’s the development going? You were mentioning being almost ready to start developing
in Oct 2019.

Best regards.

I have to assume we will see this in a few weeks time in a new update. I think a recent post said this Next update was large.

I bailed on a recent night jump that this feature would have been loads of fun to test on.

@skyhopperZH - yes a large release is about to drop. We are in the final stages of testing which has taken a little longer because of the limited jumping available to our test jumpers. Usually we like to have at least a few hundred jumps performed in different environments before rolling out. We’re up to around 70 for this version but so far so good. The direction/distance indicator is unfortunately not a part of this release.

2 Likes

Even a distance indicator to the LZ alone would be better than nothing. That way you can at least tell if you’re getting closer or further away from the LZ.

6 Likes

Добрый день :sun_with_face: так тестовая пошивка с gps вышла ?

1 Like

Hi Dekunu!
Let me take this topic up to the top. I won’t be mistaken if I say that this is the most anticipated function. Are there any predictions for its appearance in the firmware?
Thx a lot!

3 Likes

We have been developing this feature and it is currently being tested :wink: watch this space

2 Likes

Have you been watching the space? :joy: Ask and you will receive…

3 Likes