Device Firmware Release - v4.1.2 (2018-08-13)

We are looking into the happy ticks, not a huge priority right now but it will be corrected at some point.
If anyone has issues with wifi connectivity, check in - diagnostics - fw - to see what the ESP FW is and send an email to support@dekunu.tech with details so we can troubleshoot with you :slight_smile:
Thanks for the feedback everyone, we are pretty darn happy with this firmware, stability wise its pretty solid and a lot of hard work has gone into it.

1 Like

Worked. Re-login avoided the red screen of death.

1 Like

Attempting to update from 3.7.2 to 4.1.2 via WiFi (automatic update)

Attempt 1:
Unit locked up in screen off mode - unable to do anything other than reset via pin hole. (Pressing and holding power button didnā€™t work)

Attempt 2:
Unit locked up with front screen (logo and clock) showing. Had to reset via pin hole.

Attempt 3
Unit stalled and refused to move or operate when the FW had reached 41% downloaded. Managed to soft reset via power button.

Attempt 4:
Unit locked up on download showing "Failed to download ā€˜dekunufw_v11_1.unuā€™ "
Pin hole reset again.

Attempt 5:
Pressed UPDATE : Device dropped WIFI connection and status shows ā€œThere is no WiFi connectionā€ despite the logo in the top left having lit back up again.
Went back out of menu system and attempted again

Attempt 6:
Unit is now just waiting in the update mode. Status (grey bar at base of screen) just shows an empty line where the text ought to be. Unable to reactivate update sequence - Soft reset \ restart via menu.

Attempt 7:
Got lucky, the unit has downloaded the update, or appeared to have done. Device automatically reset, required power to be plugged in before continuing.
Device now on 4.1.2

My advice to others is to keep going until the unit plays ballā€¦ Itā€™ll get there in the end :slight_smile:

Here are some instructions to manually update for those that need them. The auto update issues that some people have experienced have been reported to the developers.

1. Download this file to your computer http://api.dekunu.cloud/deviceAssets/v11.1/dekunufw_v11_1.unu

2. Put your device into USB mode (if frozen hold down the power button, press and release the
    reset button once then release power button, the device will reboot and it will appear in the
    removable disks on your computer)

3. Using the provided USB cable, connect the device to your computer

4. Drag and drop the firmware file to the root directory of your device (not in any folders)

5. Once the file has transferred, safely eject the device from your computer

6. Your device should now restart and install the latest firmware

Updated applied without any major issues.
Didnā€™t have time to do any check at all

1 Like

IĀ“ll report more on my updated firmware, but shortly is that I have more problems with it now than the old firmwareā€¦ :unamused:

@Irie I will send you an email and see if we can turn that around

1 Like

Hey thanks for the update !! Only one problem my dĆ©muni is stuck on the screen setting page after I update the touch was off so decided to recalibrate the screen I try to tick the box and nothing happens then the next one appears until I have a fail calibration message ā€¦
UPDATE: never mind ! Solved itself still love it btw a ws mount would be real awesome :joy:

1 Like

@aviat3200 Thanks for the update :slight_smile: The wingsuit mount is almost hereā€¦ watch this space

The new firmware seems more stable. This weekend I did five jumps with no in-plane resets. My Dekunu is still struggling with synchronising my jumps, but Iā€™ll turn it on later and try to get them to sync again.

Apostrophes! My OCD is cured.

3 Likes

Did 3 jumps on Saturday, positive feedback:

• Absolutely loved the progress bar in the SYNC diagnostics. Now I now what goes on and I have more peace of mind
  • Alti went to freefall mode when dropping a h&p but went back to climb mode shortly after
  • Things worked!

Minor issues:

• Climbing rate is incorrect, it displayed 300ft/min when the plane was actually doing 1000ft/min. Not a big thing.
  • When landed the alti stayed in canopy mode. Not a big thing.
2 Likes

I turned on my Dekunu, and maybe itā€™s because I have more signal here, it synced the two final jumps it missed. I too am enjoying the sync diagnostics, at least I know whatā€™s going on.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback guys :slight_smile:

I will pass it all along to the developers

Any update on the happy ticks?

1 Like

@Bruce It should be rolled out in the next update that they are already working on, hopefully with some new features :wink:

2 Likes

I have to say Iā€™m finally very pleased with the altiā€™s behaviour! Things are working!

Sure, there are many glitches (speeds, times, graphs), but the most important features which are altitude display and logs are working!

Thank you very much for your efforts! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks mate, the next release includes log book refinements so hopefully weā€™ll impress you there too

3 Likes

Iā€™m having the same issue of the One being stuck in canopy mode after landing. It stays this way for about 20 minutes. You cannot turn it off or anything while it is stuck in canopy mode. Other than that, seems to be working a lot better. Mine also switches to FF mode while dropping H&Ps.

1 Like

Hi @jason.collins23 - this should be resolved in the latest update
https://community.dekunu.tech/t/device-firmware-release-v4-7-4-2018-11-27/826/2

1 Like

Jumped the unit twice yesterday and can gladly report the just landed bug seems to be squished! Thanks for the fix!

1 Like