My first full weekend with the device; my observations fwiw:
- The firmware update has helped with dropzone locations and stability - thank you
- Battery life is poor; I would not have the confidence to rely upon this device as my only altimeter; I’m looking forward to the resolution the team are working on (thank you in advance!)
- The bumper cases (x2) are very disappointing - loose around the top/bottom edges, the power button does not line-up well, I cannot charge through the case and the reset button is inaccessible
- The power button keeps on coming out on one edge, I presume as a consequence of having to take the device in and out of the case to charge it
- It works well as an altimeter
- During the climb I struggle to see any point in continuing to display the heading of aircraft takeoff - it seems like a totally irrelevant statistic - whereas replacing this with the bearing to the centre of the landing zone would be far more useful
- Speed statistics post-jump seem spurious (fingers crossed the next update will improve the algorithms/ability to isolate noise in the data)
- I wish the logbook could start from my existing jump number, not starting from 0 at the point of last firmware update (which doesn’t make life easy for filling out my paper logbook)
My overall impression is that this has the potential to be a fantastic tool - the hardware is there and the device is collecting a lot of useful data - and a resolution of 1) battery issues, 2) sub-standard bumper cases, 3) processing of data and 4) information displayed, will make this the pick of the pack.
Thank you team. Please keep up the great work.