Collection Of Issues/Feedback

I appreciate the firmware update. I will provide feedback re: fixes as soon as possible. I’ve got quite a few jumps planned in the coming weeks. Looking forward to seeing what the team comes up with on the wingsuit mount. I’m happy to help test it out if you’re in need of wingsuit testers.

1 Like

Thanks for your kind offer @psch and I look forward to your feedback, we have heaps of new features lined up for the Cloud platform in the coming weeks too

Yeah not much change on the log portion from this update. I did everything. Twice…three times to get to resolve. It is not fixed or more so consistently fixed. I still have 11 queued from last weekend. Wonder what this update really did that was substantial? The list of fixes does not seem accurate.

1 Like

So now I have reached a point of complete disappointment and lack of trust. We are not going forward but backwards. This update has cause such abnormal behavior and not much I can do about it other than reset 20 effing times. Now wireless is completely non-functioning and without that pretty much not shit you can do! It won’t scan wireless as it says either inactive or disabled. It connected briefly for about 30 seconds and is now back to disabled. My device was working more reliably before this update. Now I have invested about 3 hours since this update trying to get something to work. From the list above, 80% of that list is still broken. The only thing I have not done is login as me again and can’t cause you need wireless to do that. I am about ready to box this up for now as it gets me so agitated I can’t see straight.

1 Like

We can back rev can’t we? I have all the builds and want to go back to 3.5.2 at this point. Can I just reload the file in USB mode and reload an older FW. How does that play out on this device?

1 Like

Why don’t you wait until you have contact with somebody of the team. They are always very active and here to help you out. On this moment, it looks like you are just in a vicious circle If I read the intonation of your posts from the last 2 days.

1 Like

I would do an attempt in loading the older FW once, just as an attempt.
However I am on the same page as @stirre and can only agree that the team has never left somebody alone here.
Drink a cold :beer: ! Then do the upload of the FW. If it does not work: Drink a cold :beer: and wait for the team to help you.

Believe me, it is worth to give it a chance. I really enjoy jumping the Dekunu and yes, my Viso is back in the box since last weekend.

1 Like

Yeah I get it. And guys I think they are exemplary in their customer service. However, I am in this business and at some point that gets lost in the inconsistency. Personally the large update addressing too many issues at once. This is living in an ocean of variables and most likely a path to trade offs of issues. remember I work with Google software dev for a hedge fund in NYC. Around the top one 1%-ers in this field. So this stuff is close to me.

I have found that my device is dropping the network connection each time it goes to sleep/screensaver mode. Once woke up from that state it reconnects in about 10 seconds. However, that means if it was trying to communicate, upload etc., it would error out or pause and I see no way to set screen saver or blanking limits/time.

The display output is never the same each time I open it. Time is four “X’s” the weather station is there, not there.changes dropzones if re-logging into the device. The only way I get my mind around this is to accept it for nothing more than an Alti without data points currently with expected improvements. Then I am ok. And yes the Alti works great and I only had it lock twice on me on the way to altitude and one time it came back and resync’d to correct measures.

I have my rants and they are short lived. However, I think everyone can agree to frustration. I DO NOT talk shit about it at the DZ. I always promote it with caveats. I just tell them, “They’re working on it…”

3 Likes

That’s with everybody’s device after the update I think. Mine too for example. But if it’s such an issue, just report it so they know also it’s not that practical?

I had it too, asked here on the forum and the XXXX is after a reset until it connects to gps - so I assume when you connect/put the device outside/close to a window, you get the correct time also.

If I’m correct the weather shows when you have wifi connection. When I touch the screen, the weather appears after a few seconds.

The change of DZ, I haven’t experienced myself yet. But I almost never have to reset it, so didn’t notice anything strange.

For all the rest: I don’t know your name or reputation - it’s also not that important for me. There are also issue’s I would like to see different or some features I am really waiting on (for example, comparison flightpath to that of other dekunu-users during your jump) and expected to have them when I first got my dekunu. Now I have no choice to wait. When people ask me about it: I have to say it’s just an alti on this moment, but I paid for the potential it has - and I hope and expect it wil get better (and better) soon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@tharshman I just answered on another thread, apologies for the delayed response, Australia sleeps while the rest of the world is awake. I’m sure we can resolve the issues you are having. The time issue (XX:XX) is GPS as @stirre correctly pointed out, after a reset the GPS needs to be connected again to pick up the location and time.
Heading to the lab now so I will chat with the tech team about your wifi problem and get back to you

Weird, however, after almost 36 hours and about 6 hours of my time 4 of the 11 jumps in my log have uploaded to the cloud portal. Not sure what to make of it. Drives me crazy I can’t get consistent behavoir. and as I was typing this another one is loaded up in the cloud. Weird. Oh well hope all load up so I can fly out in the morning with a fresh log for the next three days of jumping.

1 Like

Ok this weekend went better. All dozen jumps logged and uploaded to Cloud. For some reason drop zone in “My Actions” shows all but one as Null. It did act up a bit on the ground and did some restarts and resets. Seems battery is challenged a bit again. The data of course is all over the place and extremely inaccurate. Some seems close but so much seems off. However, it did work as an Alti with only one freeze on our way to altitude, yet it came back on before I exited. I still think it maybe two steps forward, one step back. I would really like to see the software dev backlog and how this is getting PM’d from an typical soft dev perspective. Just think by now that enough analytics exist to properly set the backlog of things that need updated, fixed, added, etc. Order those and do itterative Agile dev. I think this update tried too many variables and we traded off some things that were better that my have been regressive.

@tharshman thanks so much for the feedback, we really value all input from the community. This has been fed back to our development team :slight_smile:

The biggest thing for me as these other things get worked out is to have the post jump analytics. It is accurate as an Alti in freefall and under canopy. Worked well with hop and pop low altitude jumps as well. The KMML files seems accurate and loaded in Google Earth 3D are pretty cool. Some data points seem skewed but other accurate. It also signed me out right before a jump and I was listed as “GUEST” in bottom left of screen. I had no logs at that time since under my account. So I jumped as GUEST and yet the jump was in my username logs once I was able to get it logged back in. Seems Wifi can be tricky still. Not sure what to expect all times. It would be nice to see the process flow and work flow of the device to know what comes online when and what is cached when not connected to Wifi. What services work with or without Wifi.

Got a big boogie this weekend so should get another dozen on it. the more the better the post jump analytics will drive a better product.

1 Like

In the Cloud portal: Of the 27 jumps I have on this device the only one that does not view is #24 a H&P (one of five) It shows exit altitude and yet no canopy deployment altitude. When clicking view ----
ReferenceError: c:\WEB\webPortal\views\action_details.ejs:2
1|

2| <% title= ‘Action #’ + actionData.actionId + ’ - ’ + actionData.userData.fullname + ’ - '; %>

3| <%- include header.ejs %>

4| <%- include header_primary.ejs %>

5| <script src="/assets/js/jquery.validate.min.js"></script>

actionData is not defined
at eval (eval at compile (c:\WEB\webPortal\node_modules\ejs\lib\ejs.js:549:12), :11:28)
at returnedFn (c:\WEB\webPortal\node_modules\ejs\lib\ejs.js:580:17)
at tryHandleCache (c:\WEB\webPortal\node_modules\ejs\lib\ejs.js:223:34)
at View.exports.renderFile [as engine] (c:\WEB\webPortal\node_modules\ejs\lib\ejs.js:437:10)
at View.render (c:\WEB\webPortal\node_modules\express\lib\view.js:135:8)
at tryRender (c:\WEB\webPortal\node_modules\express\lib\application.js:640:10)
at Function.render (c:\WEB\webPortal\node_modules\express\lib\application.js:592:3)
at ServerResponse.render (c:\WEB\webPortal\node_modules\express\lib\response.js:1008:7)
at sql.Request.input.input.execute.then.catch (c:\WEB\webPortal\app\controllers\ActionController.js:183:24)
at
at process._tickDomainCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:228:7)

1 Like

I have the same problem but it’s intermittent. If you refresh/wait some time, does it start working?

@tharshman I will have the tech team take a look

No it does not. Just that one jump.

Hey looks like a new version of the Cloud dashboard is uploaded. Also, seems device is working more consistently. We had bad weather for most of our boogie, though the jumps are there. I am smiling more!!!

2 Likes

@tharshman yup indeed there is a new Cloud version update :facepunch: you can read all about it here glad to hear you’re smiling more! :smile: