Battery died again

I turned off and charged my Dekunu two days ago. Got to the DZ this morning and the unit is completely drained. So now, once again, I have no Altimeter because this POS is unreliable.

Can you please fix the $(&-$-# battery issues? Please stop adding or working on features nobody asks for and fix the battery drain.

I had the opposite experience todayā€¦ thought to myself ā€œshit, I forgot to check my altimeter and itā€™s been sitting in my cold car for three weeks!ā€ā€¦ plugged it in to make sure and it was still at 100%! Iā€™ve had battery issues with mine but the biggest solution/ weirdest solution that Dekunu told me to do was to be sure that Iā€™m charging it with the Dekunu cable or at a very minimum a quality mini USB cable and not some cheap charger, donā€™t know if that helps you or not, but perform a hard reset and charge with your Dekunu branded cable and test it out a few times this week and see what itā€™s battery life is like

Battery life isnā€™t the issue. The issue is that I charged it to 100%, turned it off, unplugged it and put it in my kit, and two days later itā€™s dead.

It doesnā€™t happen all the time, but it does happen sometimes. Itā€™s always been like this and Iā€™m not the only one.

That said, itā€™s not a matter of a cable or battery life. Itā€™s a matter of the unit discharging itself while itā€™s turned off. Not only does this make it dangerous, because now you donā€™t have an altimeter, but it also damages the battery, further making the device dangerous. A device as important as an altimeter should at least do the basic job is designed for, which includes having a reliable battery, which it does not.

2 Likes

Same thing been happening to me for the last few weeks. I charge battery to 100% and a couple days later Iā€™m turning it back on to find the battery life is less than 30% with no usage.

Like I said at the end, try doing a hard reset on your altimeter, and then do a couple days of testing to see if anything has changed

1 Like

All working as normal after your advise. Many thanks :+1:

1 Like

No problem, Mike, I love my Dekunu, but we have to remember, as a community of users, these are still very new and the company is working very hard to make improvements to its safety and reliabilityā€¦ all of our bugs and comments are used to make this thing better and betterā€¦ the Alti-2 probably went through just as much testing and debugging and it isnā€™t even half the altimeter the Dekunu is!

2 Likes

Love mine too. Thanks for the feedback. Stay safe and happy jumping this season.

1 Like