Alti going to freefall mode after hop and pop

1 Like

note the dekunu logo in the picture… whoosh noise

1 Like

Warranty isn’t voided, just be aware that any changes that you make yourself could affect the integrity of the device and it may act 'unusually’
I had no idea we had so many ‘tech nerds’ out there :rofl: if anyone is keen to be even more involved in the development of the device, we are all ears :ear:
Shoot us an email support@dekunu.tech

I’m keen to get more involved, will hit you up via email. Updated my setting to 500ft. 7 jumps today, very happy with the results.

3 Likes

HAH “didn’t know there are so many tech nerds”

I mean, we are buying smart alti, not some analog, right? :smiley:

5 Likes

Hi,
As you know I changed mine to 1000ft. All seems to work ok. There is another thing that got my attention. I still need to test it properly. Maybe you can check if you have the same:

In my logbook on the device my exit altitude is a 1000ft lower than it should be. Can you check yours to see if it is 500 ft lower? I will make some jumps with a different setting to see if this is the case. I also noticed a difference in the log book on the device, in the cloud and even when you open the jump in the cloud. I will open a new topic about this.

1 Like

I hadn’t noticed, but will pay more attention tmrw.

1 Like

@AndrewKarnowski
Can you send the image please?

As a developer and skydiver, it would be interesting to help you guys! Count me in!

3 Likes

Seems like the device logbook is 500ft lower then actual exit, even on the jumps prior to making the config change. wild guess is that the current algorithm is relying on GPS as primary for data, and baro as secondary… so as you get out of the plane it doesn’t reliably provide data until that time, don’t think it has anything to do with our tinkering.

(@bruce - attaching the dekunu robot to this post, it literally took 15 seconds in mspaint though… get your own robot ;-P)
dekunu_splash_saver

4 Likes

Hi Andrew,

I checked it on the last jumps. Changed my setting from 1000ft to 500ft and indeed now the exit altitude on the Dekunu shows 500 ft lower. So it looks like the unit somehow uses this number. But it is already know that they will work on calculations in the unit. Hope with the next firmware these issues will be solved.