All five jumps on portal show exit altitude in the middle of free fall

After over 200 jumps on this device and being one of the very first owners of it, I just had five jumps at Sky’s the Limit in East Stroudsburg, PA, the portal shows all my exits several thousand feet lower than I actually did. I have not see this before. I have seen the no jump data like three times where it has me in the middle of the ocean. However, this time it has all five jumps exiting at around 11K when it was 14K and one jump had me exit at 7K and seems to have just activated while in the middle of a sit fly while acurrately stating exit altitude while on plane . I was doing head down and sit out of a skyvan. However, jumped out of a skyvan before with no data issues. ALso have done tons of FF with no issues with accurate data.

1 Like

I would flag them in the portal. Did you see jump run direction while in the plane? It might be something to do with lack of gps data while reconstructing it in the portal. Like I said, flag them in the portal and you can at least refer to the specific jumps.

1 Like

AH, good point. I did notice that the ride to altitude was not tracking the plane information on the device. Usually getting direction and speed. At one point I was only getting direction. Do you think that has implications? I don’t usually go to this DZ. However, will look to see what GPS is doing when I go back. This is not an issue at any of the dozen or so DZ’s I have been to with the device. Thanks, Tom

1 Like

I don’t know if the gps was the issue its just a guess. I would think its hard to plot your exit at 14k though if it doesn’t know where you are in 3D space. I’ve also seen that myself in a few wingsuit jumps where the difference is bigger because you can travel a good distance horizontally before gps picks up.

3 Likes

Yeah, has me going out at 11.3K, 11.4K, 11.7K…etc., when in fact we went out between 13.5K and 14K all day. One jump is 7K, when in fact was 13.5-ish. Typically the atltudes are lower on the portal than the device is telling me at exit on the plane. However, have been able to just take those small deviations. This time it was consistent on every jump throughout the day. I know another guy who has jumped his there for quite awhile and will ask him. Thanks, Tom.

1 Like

Depends who was flying. If it’s Caravan, pilot loves to descend while pooping out jumpers. Shouldn’t be THIS much though. I exit last (wingsuit) and we are usually out at 12k or so.

1 Like

I have noticed that If I sit under the wing in a Caravan, the GPS connection is pretty spotty. It is also on those jumps that my altitude readings, in the portal, tend to be a little off as well.

I think Kat00 may be on to something

1 Like

@Tracy this is the other post I was talking about.

@tharshman I’m curious, were there any hop&pops on the jumps you’re seeing this issue on? And does the jump run match the actual jump run or the separate plane path map lower on the page?

1 Like

@tharshman Is the device logbook showing exit altitude accurately for these jumps? @Joe has had a similar issue, I will add the logs from these jumps to the ticket for the devs to check out. I

Yes, log book looks to be accurate and data in portal not so much. I also just did the FW update for the latest. Do we know when we can REST? I would like to write a python script to download the data and see what I can spawn for a dashboard and if I get different results.

I don’t have a date, it is on the development roadmap though. If I can find out any more info I will let you know :slight_smile:

1 Like