Glide Ratio

How can I find my glide ratio for each jump on my device?53%20PM

1 Like

Hey @andrewrawls We are currently working on the glide ration stats. In the meantime to use the information to progress please check out the Action charts under the 2D graph. I generaly use this and the 3D vis to gain the info on distance and fall rate I need. I have added pics below. 54%20pm 31%20pm

2 Likes

@mason . Thanks for the quick reply. Now if you could have the unit compute in real-time under canopy the relative glide based on the winds aloft from the latest Wi-fi connection prior to takeoff you would have something very special.

AR

2 Likes

@andrewrawls added to the suggested feature list for the developers :ok_hand:

1 Like

It’s almost August… latest update did not have glide ratio, either after the fact or during the canopy ride. Whens the expected release of this?

1 Like

Do you have a public development roadmap for features? Glide ratio under canopy is my number one request for whats it worth. One of the reasons I purchased this device is because its listed on the website as being part of the after action report. https://dekunu.tech/dekunu-one#fly-better.

Is any of the code open source and would you be up for accepting pull requests?

1 Like

Hi @Kitsune - glide ratio is being worked on for wingsuit mode and canopy mode. These will be released after the new canopy directional radar is fully released. Read up on that feature here (Direction and distance to DZ).

1 Like

Two more months have passed and nothing as far as useful updates go.

Getting kind of tiring. We’re supposed to have the most advanced Alti out there and it barely does anything useful beyond a standard one. You guys keep adding useless features, but none of the actually requested ones. Why is that? Canopy directional radar is far, far less useful than glide ratio. If you don’t know where you are and need your alti to tell you which direction to go, something has already gone way wrong somewhere long before the Alti comes into play.

1 Like

@Josh we are working on both mentioned features. There have been some delays in firmware testing due to the Covid-19 pandemic and the inability to jump. The team is working harder than ever to implement users most requested features

Would this glide ratio feature have the potential to integrate into the Bluetooth compatible feature to enable in flight glide ratio audible feedback for wingsuit flying like the Fly Sight? http://flysight.ca/index.htm

Would be ideal if you could wear an Airpod and get in flight feedback + audible altimeter warnings.

1 Like

Potentially, I believe this was recently suggested by someone and added to the feature suggestion list for the development team. There have been heaps of excellent suggestions, keep them coming!

Sorry to bump an old topic. What is the status of the glide ratio? Is there a way to have the could compute the glide ratio? Others have reccomended having the device do the Calc, I don’t care I just want to know it. The flysight can do it, why can the dekunu?

1 Like

Again, any update on this feature?

I can only assume this feature will never be added to this version of the device and I was duped into buying this by the marketing material. Anyone want to buy a lightly used Dekunu?

1 Like

Any update glide ratio?

There’s this.

It looks like this for all my wingsuit flights:

Ummmm. Wow. Had no idea.

@Bmac615 This is a domino effect of the data processing algorithm issue, once the new developer is hired and algorithm refined your glide chart will also be corrected