All BATTERY related issues

Basically you say: my laptop fluctuates a lot in port supply of the USB, because I only used the dekunu cable (every time) , I was using the laptop all the times while charging and I used every time the same USB port of the 3 and it worked fine until this week.

I think most computer/laptop USB ports are pretty inconsistent with charging. They are primarily designed for transferring data instead. Anytime Iā€™ve tried charging my cell phone from my computer it takes way longer than when plugged into a decent wall charger.

If you want to charge while mobile Iā€™d highly recommend buying a power bank. I bought this power bank and itā€™s great, not just for Dekunu but also charging my cell phone which usually is getting low at the end of the day.

Just a nice example I had right now about the different equipment and its different behaviour.

I activated the USB mode on the Dekunu while being connected to my Mac with a ā€œrandomā€ cable (I think it is the original cable to charge my bluetooth ear buds from Philips, so no ā€œcheap Chineseā€ cable) and the MAC did not open the folder structure of the Dekunu, although the Dekunu displayed ā€œUSB Disk has been mountedā€. Tried again with the original Dekunu cable and it worked immediately. So yes, same type of equipment is not necessarily the same. Itā€™s just another example for it.

I donā€™t see the connection, because with me it was not the same type, but exactly everything the same (laptop, same USB port, same cable,ā€¦)

Do your FW update and hopefully this will be history ā€¦

1 Like

Today I had next:

I plugged in device yesterday evening to charge and put it on to see the led light. This morning I wanted to check, the led was black and when I touched the screen I only got a black screen with white dekunu circle, nothing more and unresponsive.
Had to reset. Now I have an empty device. It seems it didnā€™t charge this night

Iā€™ve actually had a lot of trouble with mine recently.
The cable supplied no longer charges the device, or at least that was my assumption until I tried several others.

If I bend a cable in a specific manner and pin it in place (really difficult) I can get the unit to charge, but other than that itā€™s impossible.
I did discover when taking it out of the bumper and the outer shell popped open that it is possible (and significantly easier than pinning a cable in place) to charge it without the outer plastic shell on.

Iā€™ve now resorted to opening the device and plugging the cable in that way :frowning: as itā€™s basically the only way I can keep the unit charged up between days. Might have to send it back afterall :frowning:

@stirre Could you please send an email to support@dekunu.tech about this so we can figure out the issue?

@SkydiveNow Could you also send an email to support@dekunu.tech if you havenā€™t already done so? The intention is definitely not to open the device casing in order to charge.

@Tracy Will doā€¦
Have found that a cable for my Sony camera clicks and locks into place with the case on and doesnā€™t require jiggling around anywhere near as much.
The bumper is starting to tear, so I might have to send back both parts.

PhoTo of the bumper case

Are you guys planning on making a hard case for it insteadā€¦ something with an elasticated band that isnā€™t stitched into place?

1 Like

@SkydiveNow flick an email to support@dekunu.tech to organise a replacement bumper also - and yup we are looking into some different materials and constructions for the mounts.

1 Like

Yeah I think a redesign of this unit is needed. I opened mine as well cause it popped open. I put it back together as it did not open fully, though got a look at it. The charging is eratic suddenly, and after 8 jumps on it recently one day it wonā€™t upload to cloud either.

2 Likes

Hi, I think after the last FW update, battery givers more issues than before.

1. It drains a lot faster than before. Before I could do 9 or 10 jumps easily, now during afternoon I have to keep an eye on the battery level.

2. This is what I got on my dekunu after more than 6h charging today + using dekunu cable +using the power gridā€¦ 24%ā€¦

And today again, I plugged it in this evening and the battery indicator wasā€™n in the oranger. Now, almost 3 hours later while charging, the battery shows 15% (even less than when I plugged it in!)

Thanks for letting us know @stirre Iā€™ve fed this info back to the developers.

I just wanted to reply, because just after a whole night loading, it went only to 62%

1 Like